Laminated Veneer Lumber (abbr. LVL) is an engineered wood product that uses multiple layers of thin wood veneer assembled with adhesives. Been peeled or sliced , the solid lumber`s made into thin veneers. Under the process of drying and glue-spreading, all veneers been layered up and hot pressed in order of parallel to the grain. Then the product`s been finished after sanding and cutting.
LVL is widely used as construction components, crossbeam, truck board, furniture, flooring, wood stud and packing.
Advantages and features:
1) Compared to the solid lumber, LVL is stronger, straighter, more uniform and stable. The bending and bonding strength are 3 times stronger than solid wood.
2) It can make the natural defects of solid lumber such as dead knots and scars split and crossed to enhance its strength and ensure the quality & form. LVL is the ideal raw material in place of the solid lumber.
3) It`s flexible to cut and make full use of the product. The max length we can produce is 12m and the thickness up to 300mm. The customers can choose the product as per their request.
4) It`s much less likely than conventional lumber to warp, twist, bow, or shrink due to its composite nature.
5) Same as other woods, LVL can be saw cutting, slicing, chiseling, mortising and nailing.
6) Free of fumigation.
Copyright © 2018 Fushi Wood Group All rights reserved.